- Location : Island in the Indian Occean - South of Africa
- Population : 1,263,000 (2016)
- Size : 2,040 Sq Km
- Economy (GDP) : $12bn (2016)
- Currency (Convertibility) : Mauritian Rupee (Non convertible in the foreign exchanges)
- Climate : Mild tropical climate through the year; Summer - November to April and Winter - June to September. May and October are with transitional weather.
- Languages Spoken : English - Official Language; French and many other indigenous native Languages.
- National Website : www.govmu.org